Generally, bitter leaves are small trees with rough brown bark that grow up to about 23 feet tall. The leaves are green and oblong. Bitter leaf has various medical and nutritional benefits. some of which may not be mentioned in today’s article.
The Benefits of Bitter Leaf
Bitter leaf actually has tonnes of health benefits; it is basically a herb. Bitter leaves can have active anti-cancer, anti-bacteria, anti-malarial, and anti-parasitic agents. This plant contains complex active components that are pharmacologically useful.
- Bitter leaf helps to reduce the risk of having cancer
- Bitter leaf helps to promote weight loss. How does this herb help to burn calories? Well, it has certain mineral constituents that can help to convert fat in the body
- Bitter leaf can also improve your sleep quality
- It has anti-malaria properties and can be used effectively in the treatment of fever and other underlying conditions that might have fever symptoms.
- One of the most vital benefits is reducing the blood sugar level. Bitter leaves will be highly recommended for diabetes patients as it can help ease their condition.
- Since it has anti-bacterial properties, it improves the texture of the skin and can help in the treatment of certain skin conditions like acne.
Bitter leaves are a surprisingly efficient way of dealing with high blood pressure. They contain such substances as andrographolide, alkaloids, and potassium. The first one serves as a defense mechanism for our system, producing white blood cells and destroying harmful bacteria. Potassium helps cure high blood pressure by removing unneeded salts from our bodies. You have to understand that, just like any other kind of natural treatment, bitter leaf isn’t as powerful as the stuff prescribed by the doctors. On the plus side, its positive effects last longer, and herbs don’t have any damaging side effects if consumed correctly. Interesting fact: bitter leaves aren’t only efficient in lowering blood pressure but are also used to prevent internal organ failure.
Does Bitter Leaf Help Sexually?
Bitter leaf has compositions that can be helpful sexually. This actually applies to both males and females. Bitter leaf contains an appropriate amount of magnesium, and magnesium is seen as one of the minerals that helps boost libido. Perhaps you didn’t know that libido is a person’s overall sexual drive or desire for sexual activity. Libido is influenced by biological, psychological, and social factors. Biologically, the sex hormones and associated neurotransmitters that act upon the nucleus accumbens regulate libido in humans. Boosting libido, it can also be helpful for men. Bitter leaf contains zinc, and zinc is one of the minerals that can improve a man’s erection and also help with erectile dysfunction.
Bitter leaf has quite a great number of minerals and other nutrients. It has high protein (33.3%), fat (10.1%), crude fibre (29.2%), ash (11.7%), minerals (Na, K, Ca, Mg, Zn & Fe), phytate (1015.4mg/100g) and tannin (0.6%) content, while it contains low cyanide (1.1mg/kg). It also contains other minerals like potassium, and it has been shown that potassium channels play an important role in the modulation of corpus cavernosum smooth muscle cell tone. Activation of potassium channels followed by hyperpolarization and relaxation of corporal smooth muscle cells is thought to be an important mechanism in penile erection.
Practically, Bitter Leaf might not improve your sexual health, but when its composition is considered, this particular African herb can boost your intimate health. Well, there you have it. Bitter Leaf is one of the highly nutritious and medicinal herbs that can improve your sexual health. Hopefully, this answers the question, “Does Bitter Leaf Help Sexually?”
- Do Pushups Build Biceps - January 30, 2023
- Can Back Squats Reduce Belly Fat - January 28, 2023
- Can Ramen Noodles Cause Weight Gain - December 20, 2022