There are foods that can cause acne or pimples. Acne occurs as a result of dead skin cells and hair follicles that have been plugged with oil. Acne can even be severe if bacteria triggers inflammation and infection.
Foods can promote acne. Though there are other factors that can also promote acne. Factors like greasy environments can increase the risk of acne or even cause acne. We believe that greasy foods or foods with high oil content can cause pimples. Well, it doesn’t. Research has shown that eating greasy foods doesn’t have an effect on acne, but being in a greasy environment can definitely affect your skin. Oil particles can clog your pores with bacteria and dead skin cells and make oily skin breakout. Staying in a greasy and unventilated environment will most likely increase your risk of having acne.
Can Fries Cause Acne?
The answer to this question can be quite confusing, as greasy foods cannot cause acne. Sugar and carbohydrates can increase acne risks, and fries definitely fall into these categories. So technically, French fries can increase acne risk. They raise the risk of acne not because they are greasy or deep fried, but because they are high in carbohydrates and sugar.
Does this mean you should completely avoid French fries and junk foods? No! It doesn’t imply that. We should only limit our intake of certain fast foods. They can not only disrupt the texture of the skin but can also cause some underlying diseases if consumed consistently. Junk foods like fries can actually increase the risk of obesity and chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and some cancers.
Yep, you read that right! Junk foods can actually cause cancer if consumed more than they should be eaten. Acne might not appear on your skin even though you’ve consumed French fries in excess. This trend of junk fries causing certain conditions, including acne, varies from person to person.
Sometimes acne can just be a sign of maturity, especially in teenagers between the ages of 11 and 16. To get rid of acne no matter what caused it, you will have to consult your local healthcare provider who will prescribe over-the-counter medications for the acne. Meanwhile, here are a few things that can help reduce acne risk.
- You should drink more water
- Avoid junk, tea, and coffee. Start drinking green tea
- Drink coconut water or any juice when you are out instead of pepsi, cola, etc. Basically, avoid sodas
- Avoid oily food items and spices that generate more heat
- Wash your face after coming from the shower and before going to sleep
- Consume fruits such as papaya, orange, berries, watermelon, and pomegranate
- Don’t tease the pimples, don’t pop them often
- Keep your hair clean. Dandruff is also a reason for getting acne
- If possible, exercise for at least 30 minutes per day
- Do Pushups Build Biceps - January 30, 2023
- Can Back Squats Reduce Belly Fat - January 28, 2023
- Can Ramen Noodles Cause Weight Gain - December 20, 2022