Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several Cinnamomum genus trees. Cinnamon is a spice that is obtained from various tree species in the genus Cinnamonum. Cinnamon is normally used as a flavoring additive and an aromatic condiment. Cinnamon is a spice that is being used in a wide range of cuisines, including sweet and savory dishes, breakfast cereals, snack foods, teas, and traditional foods.
Bay leaves are a rich source of Vitamin C, iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. A mixture of bay leaf and cinnamon will be of great benefit as both herbs have their own nutritional constituents. Cinnamon and bay leaves can also be used in meals. Cinnamon has been used to flavor nests for thousands of years, and it is also found in many savory dishes like the Moroccan chicken, chickpea, or lamb tagine. Bay leaves in meals promote general health.
The Benefits And Side Effects Of Bay Leaf And Cinnamon Tea
Looking at the constituents of each spice, bay leaf and cinnamon will definitely make a great combo. This mix can actually be made in a matter of minutes. The ingredients needed are:
- A cup of water
- 5 bay leaves, 1 cinnamon stick (or a teaspoon of ground cinnamon)
- Honey (optional)
- Boil the cup of water you have measured in a pot.
- To the boiling water, add the bay leaves and cinnamon.
- You should allow the spice mixture to boil gently.
- Strain the spices and drain the extract into a cup. You can add a teaspoon of honey or any other sweetener to taste.
This tea extract can be of great help both physically and mentally when taken at least once daily. It’s filled with antioxidants and offers several health benefits, including reduced inflammation and blood sugar levels, improved heart health, and perhaps even weight loss. Some of the benefits of this mix include;
- It is proven to be useful in the treatment of migraines.
- It aids digestion and calms indigestion.
- It controls blood sugar levels.
- It boosts fertility in both males and females and promotes sexual health.
- Immune system booster; bay leaf and cinnamon tea boosts the immune system.
Side Effects of Bay Leaf And Cinnamon Tea
This tea extract might not be recommended for everyone. Some individuals, like pregnant women, lactating mothers, diabetes patients, and individuals scheduled for surgery, should probably avoid the consumption of this drink. This mix is known to interact with their systems and cause adverse effects in some people.
If you’re allergic to either of the herbs, bay leaf or cinnamon, you should probably not drink the tea. Also, if you have been diagnosed with any medical condition, you should consult your doctor before trying out this tea. Having allergic reactions after consuming? Discontinue use.